The Raiders have stolen the momentum back in the series following last night's 6-3 win in Prince Albert.
The Blades were caught somewhat flat-footed as the Raiders scored twice in the first period to open the game. The Blades did a great job to get back into it, but mistakes down the stretch cost them on the scoreboard.
You have to expect another loud crowd tonight at the Art Hauser Centre as the Raiders and their fans truly believe they are right back in this series.
Here are my keys to tonight's game:
For Prince Albert
- Continue to get good goaltending. After a bad performance in game 1, Jamie Tucker was solid last night. He needs to do that again for the Raiders to win.
- Avoid taking penalties. The Blades have had some nice chances on the powerplay and the Raiders must stay disciplined tonight.
- And they have to continue to get offense from their second line. They finally got on the board yesterday (2 goals from Revenko) and it gave them that extra bounce they needed.
- Continue what they did in the last 40 minutes last night. The Blades were definitely pleased with that stretch of the game, and if they play like they did to end the game last night they will have a good result here.
- Limit the mistakes in their own zone. A few precious turnovers really cost them down the stretch and allowed the Raiders to steal back momentum as soon as the Blades had it.
- And score the first goal. The Raiders got the first one last night and it got them rolling.
Tonight's game goes at 7:00 from Prince Albert. Once again, we will be on the air at 6:00 on 92.9 The Bull with the 1 hour pregame show.