Tonight is the big swing game in the series between the Saskatoon Blades and the Prince Albert Raiders.
Saskatoon will be looking to keep the winning ways alive on home ice, as all 4 games have been won by the home team so far.
Playing in front of the home crowd and back in familiar territory should go a long way for the Blades, as they looked overwhelmed playing games 3 and 4 in Prince Albert. The Raiders did an excellent job limiting time and space in the offensive zone for the Blades and Jamie Tucker made the saves when he was called upon.
The Blades could be without one of their big assets as defenseman Duncan Siemens is being called "a game time decision" for tonight's game 5. It should be interesting to see if he draws in, because he looked in pretty rough shape when leaving the ice in game 4 after injuring his "lower body".
If he can't go, expect the older Tanner Sohn to draw in, ahead of 16 year old Tommy Stipancik.
Here are my keys to the game:
For Prince Albert
- Continue to take away the slot area. The Blades have had no time and space in that area of the ice and the Raiders have seen success because of it.
- Be in the faces of the Blades players all game. You could see the frustration building in the last two games. The Raiders have to stay under the skin of Saskatoon.
- And keep the momentum. You do that by coming out with a good start tonight and having each line do something positive to start the game.
- Get offense from your depth. It worked well in the first two games, but that offense dried up in games 3 and 4. More balance will be key for the Blades tonight.
- Use their speed. It’s a bigger ice surface here in Saskatoon and that allows for the Blades speed and size to be more effective.
- And get the defense more involved in the offense. It’s a weapon this team hasn’t been able to use in the last 2 games, they can be more aggressive here at home.
Puck drops at 7:05 from CUC. You can catch the pregame show starting at 6:00 on 92.9 The Bull.